MARK S. LOYE, Mediation Works 2, L.L.C.
13593 W. 24th Place, Golden, CO 80401-6808 (303) 704-3808 e-mail: email@example.com
A dispute resolution professional with experience in program administration, facilitation, mediation, consensus building, environmental, public policy, land use and workplace issues. Significant expertise in:
Mediation of Cases in Diverse Areas (incl. multi-party – 20+) Public Administration & Management
Collaboration & Group Facilitation Conflict Resolution Training Public Interest Program Development
ACCOMPLISHMENTS / WORK HISTORY
Dispute Resolution Consultant, Golden, CO January 1994 – present
- Director, Jefferson County Mediation Services: 240 trained volunteers assist parties in resolving cases that would otherwise be decided through courts, boards, etc. Duties have included mediation or co-mediation of over one hundred cases (65% settlement rate) over the last 20 years. This program has won several regional and national awards.
- Private Consultant in Dispute Resolution and Group Facilitation with continuing activity in several types of dispute resolution, including EEO, workplace, multi-party, environmental, land use, business, organizational, community and domestic. Member of mediator pools for U.S. Postal Service REDRESS & REDRESS II Programs (132 cases, to date), Colorado Developmentally Disabled Mediation Pilot Program & The Colorado Office of Smart Growth’s Intergovernmental Land Use Dispute Resolution Program. Approved for Coors Pilot Workplace Mediation Program.
Conflict Resolution Trainer June 1991 – present
- Presented conflict resolution trainings of one to several hours in duration to a wide variety of audiences in Colorado and other states. Topics have included basic mediation, community mediation, environmental mediation and various other specialized conflict resolution topics. (See attached “Training Presented” table for details.)
Jefferson County Aggregate Coordinator August 1987 – December 1993
- Developed & coordinated public involvement process for new mining requests in the County, including facilitation of stakeholder meetings concerning such rezoning requests (several hundred total meeting hours).
- Facilitated & mediated other stakeholder groups concerning other land uses (e.g., recreational site location, connector road placement, landfill establishment, subdivision approval) (several hundred total meeting hours).
- Facilitated/mediated 250+ multi-party meetings, incl. task forces for Division Directors (e.g., G.I.S. task force).
Colorado Mined Land Reclamation Division, Sr. Reclamation Specialist August 1979 – July 1987
- Senior Reclamation Specialist for all non-coal mines in southern one-half of Colorado: Supervised a professional staff reviewing permit applications and doing related field work for over 1,000 mines. Regularly interacted with professional staff of federal agencies such as U.S. Bureau of Land Management and U.S. Forest Service.
- Administrative Senior Reclamation Specialist: Developed and monitored policies, administrative support systems and technical guidelines relating to all aspects of the program.
- Association for Conflict Resolution, Current Member (Speaker at 9/95, 9/04, 10/05 annual meetings). The Mediation Association of Colorado, “Professional Mediator” Designation, Past Board of Directors Member and Member, Legislative & Marketing Committees. National Association for Community Mediation, Current Member. Member, Colorado First Judicial District Access to Justice Committee. Society for Range Management, Member since 1978.
- Co-chair, Dispute Resolution Committee for the 1999-2000 Governor’s Task Force on Civil Justice Reform
- Member, Colorado Citizens Justice Summit, April 23, 2002, sponsored by the Colorado Bar Association
- Organizer and Speaker, June 19-20, 2003 Conference: “Demonstrating the Impact of Community Mediation in Colorado”, co-sponsored by the Colorado Community Mediation Coalition and the University of Denver
- Colorado Office of Dispute Resolution Advisory Council, Community Conflict Resolution Representative
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Training in Mediation, Facilitation and related areas: 458 hours during the period of Sept. 1987 – March2014
Subjects: Basic, Environmental, Organizational and Divorce and Child Custody Mediation; Transformative Mediation (basic & advanced); Water Conflict Mediation; Workplace Mediation (several courses); Land Use Dispute Resolution (several courses), Agreement Writing; Community Mediation; Family Mediation; Child Dependency and Neglect Mediation; Elder Care Mediation; Citizen/Police Mediation; Cross Cultural Mediation; Mediator Coaching, Domestic Violence Awareness Training & Threat Assessment Training. (See attached “Training Completed” table for details.)
University of Denver: MPA (Master’s of Public Administration, 4.0 overall G.P.A.) August 17, 1984
Cornell University: MS in Ecology January 22, 1975
Stanford University: BA in Biological Sciences (with distinction) June 13, 1971
References Supplied Upon Request.